Of course hanging your cabin curtains is just as important as choosing and buying them. Rustic curtain rods that are decorative will add great appeal to the country curtains in your log cabin home.
Of course the main purpose of rods is to support your window treatments and hold them in place. Some curtain rods allow the curtains to move, while others hold curtains permanently in place.
But curtain rods also serve another purpose. Think of decorative curtain rods as jewelry for your curtains.
Using Rustic Curtain Rods
Standard curtain rods, or those that simply stay in place (as opposed to traverse rods which move), are designed to hold a number of window treatment tops.
For example, they can be used with:
- Decorative valances – using just a valance, dresses up your window, without blocking the view. Using valances, instead of long curtains can also make your room look larger.
- Curtains with stitched rod pockets – These curtains simply have a tube at the top, which holds the curtain rod. Tiebacks will allow you to see out the window, but still have some privacy. Curtains with pockets are often used with a fabric valence.
- Curtains with sewed-on rings – Use a valance with these to add pizazz and hide the rings.
- Clip on rings – a variation of the above but quicker to install.
- Fabric tabs or loops – Tabs or loops give your window an informal look.
- Large grommets – Use grommets to give your curtains a bold look. Use them with or without a valence.
Choose curtains rods, finials, curtain rod holders or brackets and tie backs to complement the look of your room. Beautiful rustic hardware will make even the plainest curtains look great, and it dresses up your windows, without making them look formal.
Dress up your Windows with Curtain Rod Brackets
Curtain rod brackets are attached to the wall and they hold the curtain rod in place. They can give your rustic window treatments a custom, distinctive and high end lodge look.
Fortunately for log and timber home owners, there is some really cute curtain hardware that will give your home the finishing touches that make it extra special…
How to use Curtain Rod Brackets
Of course you could choose to buy curtain rods with decorative finials. But you could also use a plain curtain rod with decorative brackets. Your choice depends on the look that you want for your windows.
Whether you choose decorative curtain rods with fancy or cute finials or decorative curtain rod holders with plain curtain rods, you will give your log home windows a rustic, yet custom look.
Even the plainest of curtains will take on a handsome professional appearance that will make them distinctive!