Meet the Challenge of Decorating a Log Home
Log home interiors present a special challenge for log home interior decorating. It’s not just the shape of the logs on the walls. You have wood everywhere.
The challenges are defining spaces, making your log or timber home cozy and getting the look and feel that you want!
In addition, log walls, whether rounded or flat, can be difficult to decorate. And there often is so much wood on the walls, ceiling, floors and furniture—that you have a virtual “wood out”, like the “white out” in a blizzard!
So log home decorating requires some thought and planning. You can still have a great rustic décor, but your log cabin interior will need to have to have some contrasting colors and textures.
Consider using fabric or cloth accents like cabin rugs, rustic curtains or valences, and wall hangings to soften the look. And make sure that you have enough rustic lighting accents to brighten the interior of your log home!
Rustic Décor Log Home Interior Decorating
If you are building a log cabin, the time to plan for interior decorating—is BEFORE the home is built. This is the time to consider rustic wood staircases, as they can make a great feature in your log cabin.
If you purchase a log or timber home that is already built, you will have to work with your rustic home as it is.
Here’s the secret to great log home decorating—It’s all about details! (You can read more here or page down to see photos of log home interiors.)
Carefully thought out details, take your log or timber home, from a nice log home to an extraordinary one!
When planning your log home interior decorating, consider these articles:
- Log Home Decorating Themes – Log home decorating often follows a theme such as country, western, North Woods with bears and moose, deer or even pine trees and woods.
- Log Home Kitchens – Your log home kitchen can be rustic or as elegant as you’d like. Interior decorating effects in the kitchen are achieved by kitchen cabinets, walls, flooring and decorations.
- Log Home Lighting – Log homes present a challenge for lighting, so it’s best to plan ahead for your lighting fixtures and accents. You’ll need to consider the points in this article before you complete the plans for your new log or timber home.
- Accent with an Antler Light – The antler light is very popular in log and timber homes. Purists may prefer to have natural antlers in their fixtures (They are shed naturally by the deer, elk or moose) or the newer (and less expensive) man-made version. Here are some ideas on how to use antler lights in your log or timber home.
- Amish Log Furniture – Amish log furniture, known for its quality and craftsmanship, adds rustic appeal to a log or timber home. Many Amish furniture pieces are simple in design and have a rustic appeal.
- Choosing a Log Railing – While a railing isn’t the first thing that you think of when you buy a new home, choosing the right one can really spiff up the interior (or exterior) of your home!
- Outdoor Log Furniture – Log furniture isn’t just for interiors. Log furniture can carry your log cabin theme to your outside patios, porches and garden areas. This selection of log furniture for porches or patios has something for everyone…
Page down and you will see various features of log home interiors, and how different people handled them. I have commented on the pictures so that you will get ideas for your log home interiors decorating.
Log Corners and Walls in Log Home Interiors
Definition of Space in Log Home Interiors
Good Definition of Space
The Personality of Log Home Interiors
Log Home Interiors Can Connect with the Outdoors
Use the Structure as Decoration
Add Character to Log Home Interiors
Taking the time to do a little research and planning for your log or timber home will reward you with a lovely rustic home interior.
And, most importantly, this is really not a chore because–decorating log home interiors is rewarding and FUN!