Bathroom curtains and window treatments do not have to be hum drum, and, in addition, you can use bathroom curtains to coordinate your master bedroom with your bath.
Bathroom window curtains or window treatments do need to provide privacy and a feeling of comfort in the bath. Depending on where you live, and how much privacy you have, you may want to use cafe or tier curtains and a valence, sheers or just a cute valence to brighten your bath.
When shopping for bathroom window treatments, keep in mind that sometimes matching tiers are available, even if the photo only shows a valence.
Choosing Bathroom Window Treatments
Bathroom window treatments can be simply decorative and fun, or very practical and maintenance-free.
In addition, window treatments for the bath need to be able to handle extremes of temperature and moisture.
Here are ideas for some bathroom window treatments, to help you get started:
- An interesting valance, like the V-shaped one above, can add interest to your bath, and it can draw attention to a specific window.Use a valance with a shade (that can be hidden behind the valance in the daytime) or blinds for privacy.To coordinate the looks of your bedroom and bathroom, use the same valance in both rooms. In the bedroom you might use long curtains, as show in the photo above.
- Self-adhering vinyl sheets that resemble etched glass can be attached to a window to provide privacy. This works best for windows with an ugly view or where your bathroom window is seen easily by others. This Etched Leaf Window Film is an example of this product. It does not use adhesives, and it can be easily removed if you decide to do so later.
- Shutters can provide character and privacy in a bathroom. Use them with or without a valence.
- Using fabric curtains in a bath helps to offset the look of hard surfaces and sharp angles, and it adds softness to your room. Window sill length curtains are better than floor length, as they won’t become soiled when you wash the floor frequently. Choose fabrics that are washable, for easy care.
- Hang a beautiful stained glass piece like this Tiffany-Style Stained Glass Window hanging like this one, in your bathroom window, both for beauty and for privacy.
Your bathroom is a refuge, a place where you can relax in the tub after a long hard day. Choose colors, fabrics and accessories that uplift you and make you feel good.
Make it totally yours…